Track the movement of your controlled substances
Log every time a controlled medication is administered, restocked, or inventoried throughout your department. Each check is automatically timestamped and archived, so you can see a full account of activity - from the moment the drugs come into your department's possession, to when they are administered, expired, broken, or wasted.
Keep an accurate count of controlled substances across every location - boxes, vaults, vending machines, etc. - by logging arriving & departing and inventory checks as often as needed.
Gather the information that you need anytime a narcotic is administered, expired, broken, or wasted - info such as incident number, quantity used, witness, hospital, and more.
Record when drugs are added into the system from a vendor, hospital, or pharmacy - and get a real-time account as they move from master inventory to apparatus to usage.
Custom-built your way
Every department does things slightly differently, so we build the Controlled Substances module to match your particular needs. Whether you inventory drugs in sealed containers or swap entire containers in and out, use one seal or multiple (or none), count quantities by vial or dosage - we set it up exactly how you want it. Among the other items that can be customized:
- Drug locations - Set up checks in every box, vault, locker, and vending machine that store narcotics - and tie the locations to specific apparatus and stations.
- Custom event fields - Add required information for users to fill out each time narcotics are administered, expired, broken, wasted, restocked, or counted.
- Signatures - Choose whether to require signatures for each type of event.
- Event names - Change the names of events to whatever you prefer to call them (i.e. Arriving / Departing vs. On-Coming / Off-Going, etc.).
- Stock and refill levels - Set stock amounts for each drug location and get flagged when it dips below par.
- Admin vs. Medic/EMT access levels - Identify which activities can be done by Medics / EMTs and which ones should be limited to Admin only.
Robust reporting options
Run reports to see current narcotics inventories across the entire department, view expected stock amounts, track log histories by location, view signatures, and more. Each entry is date/time-stamped when completed, but Admin have the ability to make adjustments if necessary - with both the original entry and any subsequent adjustments being recorded automatically. As with all reports in PSTrax, the information can be exported as needed.
"The Narcotics module has been a pleasant addition to our department’s inventory processes. The programmers at PSTrax worked with our paper inventory version to easily adapt them to our EMS system’s DEA requirements for accountability of narcotics on both the ambulances and ALS engines. The information can be accessed easily through both mobile and desktop devices and the reports represent the inventories in an easy-to-read, easy-to-understand format."